The WJEC Level 3 Applied Diploma in Tourism is designed to provide learners with the underpinning knowledge, understanding and skills associated with tourism organisations and activities. The qualifications will provide a broad basis for further or higher education or for moving into employment.
The Applied Diploma in Tourism enables learners to gain essential employability skills that are valued by employers, further and higher education including:
- literacy and numeracy;
- digital literacy;
- critical thinking and problem solving;
- planning and organisation.
The Applied Diploma in Tourism is made up of four units.
- Unit 1: The UK Tourism Product;
- Unit 2: Worldwide Tourism Destinations.
- Unit 3: The Dynamic Tourism Industry;
- Unit 4: Event and Itinerary Planning.
Units 1 and 3 are assessed though a 1½ hour external examination. Unit 1 will be sat in June of Year 12 and Unit 3 will be sat in June of Year 13.
Units 2 and 4 are assessed through the completion of an examination board timed task completed in lesson time.