Sex and Relationship Education Policy
Aims and objectives of our Sex and Relationship Education Policy (SRE Policy)
The Sex and Relationship policy has been developed in accordance with the current requirements of the law, taking into account the Children’s Act 1989 and 2004 and the Education Act 1993 and 2002.
- To provide knowledge about relationships, adolescence, sexual health, sexuality and the process of human reproduction for students at Notley High School & Braintree Sixth Form.
- The acquisition of understanding and attitudes which prepares students to use that knowledge in a responsible and healthy manner.
- To encourage the students to appreciate the value of family life, marriage and the responsibilities of parenthood.
- To enable students to recognise the implications of their sexual behaviour - physically, emotionally, morally and to accept that both sexes must behave responsibly.
- To develop skills, including self-confidence and assertiveness, to help students resist pressures towards irresponsible sexual behaviour.
To download a full copy of the policy click the link below